Mar 5, 2013

Letter #8: The Tale of Rose of Sharon Cassidy

Hey sweety pie!

As you know we were almost enterin' Crimson Caravans to get Rose her revenge. I went to the old lady McLafferty with Rose and told her that I had sold the Cassidy's Caravan. She gave me my job money. Then I told her that my companion was the previous owner of Cassidy's Caravan, Cassidy herself. She didn't get it at first, but then she got it. And that fear expression was the last she ever made. I pulled my shotgun real quick and shot her in the head. Rose took care of her guards almost by herself, leaving her in a bad shape. But she recovered and told me that next were the Van Graffs. I asked if she was sure and she said that she was damn sure. Well, that's all I needed to hear.



For my surprise, the rest of the folk in the Crimson Caravan area didn't try to shoot me. Maybe they knew better. I am sorry for what I am becoming sweety pie, the Wasteland does this to people. Mostly when I am driven by revenge. I know, I know, I could let it all go. Probably fancy pants himself doesn't even know I'm alive. But I couldn't live with it woman. The man shot me, in the head. For a Platinum Chip. I'll do whatever it takes to change this Wasteland we live in. To set it free. Free from everyone who wants to rule it and ends up ruining it.

When we got to Freeside it was a first to me. I had never been there. I didn't like what I saw. Bodyguards were needed to go from one end to another, kids were chasing giant rats to have something to eat... It was kind of depressing.

When we got near the Silver Rush - Van Graffs' store -, Rose told me she had an idea. She told me to get a job in the Silver Rush as a door guard and to trust her. And so I did.

When I got in the store I could see they were bad folk. They had a couple of fellows doing business with them and when things didn't go as expected they just vaporized one of them with those woopi yeepi weapons of theirs. I got the job as Rose asked. When I got outside their current bodyguard filled me in on the job. On the other side of the street was Rose. She winked at me.

One, two, three costumers passed by and I did the job as instructed. As the fourth costumer came near us, Rose did all kinds of hand and face signs she could. She was trying to tell me not to pat down this one guy. And so I didn't. As he went in I got picked on by the other bodyguard as I was supposed to pat the man down. Then all of a sudden a big explosion happens from the inside of the store! Somehow Rose had a guy blow himself up to kill everyone inside! We went in to confirm the kill and the other bodyguard, Simon, was really pissed. We just had to kill that one guy, instead of the whole bunch.



Rose was showing a bit sad at first, but then she got her spirits up. She said that she felt purified after dealing with those loose ends. And then she thanked me. She really meant it, I could tell. I asked her if she would still come with me and she said she would, without hesitating. I stole a suit from the Silver Rush store, since I was nearing The Strip. They wouldn't be needing it anymore eh eh! I also stole some loot to sell elsewhere, since I was only a few caps away of being allowed on The Strip.

I went in The Atomic Wrangler to sell the loot I had gotten. I stayed there for a bit, too. I talked to Rose for a good while and it felt nice. The company, the talking... We talked about Benny, because she asked why was I wandering the Wastes, heading to The Strip. She showed very supportive on my own ride for revenge, eh eh! You probably don't like her now eh eh! We also talked about her. She told me about her runnaway dad, like the Lonesome Drifter and her tribal mom, who got sick after her dad went away and ended up passing away... Also talked about her nickname, Whiskey Rose, which I don't have to tell you why she got it eh eh! We talked about "fish" too. She couldn't really explain to me what a "fish" was, so I don't really know now. We talked about the New Vegas factions too. Like the Legion, which she hated because of the slavery and women discrimination and the NCR, who she supported but said they didn't have direction and were most of the times assholes. She said that the Mojave suffered because of NCR's greed. And I couldn't agree more.

The greeting to The Strip wasn't very warm. When I was about t get in some fellow passed by me runnin' and got shot down by the robots - who looked like Victor - who were guardin' the gate. So I put on my fancy suit and headed to the guard (without runnin'). I submitted to the 2000 caps credit check and he let me through.



Waiting for me just inside was Victor, eh eh! He told me the head of New Vegas, Mr. House, was waiting for me inside the Lucky 38. I had only heard tales of that Mr. House character and from them I gathered that he was older than anyone and no one had ever seen him.

And so I'm wrinttin' this before I go see the big man eh eh! I'll tell you all about it, don't worry!

Love you sweety pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment